BlogMy casual blog is now at
Most Recent Essays
- Screaming Purses: A reflection on a friend's inspiring life.
- Confinements: An assignment from my writing coach was to visit BrevityMag.com, pick a story, and imitate it. I chose this one.
- Growing Up: Part of an ongoing attempt, now at three sections, that relates some of the stories of my childhood. I used it in a modified form for a Wendt conference presentation.
Science and Teaching
Humor and Poetry
- Impractical Worship: Try reading it both down the columsn and across.
- Significant Goodness
- Tomb of the Unknown Cubs Fan
- Sam's Heritage
- Sam's Facebook Page
- To Scale My Life
- Morning Snack
- Diamonds are a Guy's Best Friend
- Olive Kitteridge: my experience in a book-reading group.
- An Unhealthy Loop: on repeating behavior that keeps making us unhappy.
- Walking My Dog: the highpoint of many days.
- Last Session (Therapy 5): the last essay in a series about my experience of IFS therapy.
- Simmering Pot (Therapy 4)
- The Explorer (Therapy 3)
- Angry, Lonely Children (Therapy 2)
- Dick Cheney Lives! (Therapy 1)
- Growing Up Ignorant: my response to an important book.
- Mom's Continuing Battle with Cancer:an attempt to apply some of my training to a very personal problem.